New York City.

A whirlwind trip to the Big Apple (I can't help but want to add "3 am". See this if your childhood didn't include TMNT Back in Time) left me with a much better impression of the city than previous trips.
Afsi and her brother scored dress rehearsal tickets to SNL, being hosted by Christoph Waltz, and she promised to take me for a trip through the city. 


The 9/11 Memorial was a fitting and peaceful tribute to the attack which changed all of our lives in some way. Everyone has friends or family who have fought and, in some cases, died in direct response to the attacks in 2001. The pool's void is an appropriate embodiment of the holes left both physically and emotionally where those towers once stood, while the roar of the water drowns out the ambient noise of the city.

Our mountain climbing adventure in Central Park.

NYSE 

Between Afsi and Damir, our tour of the Met left me in awe of how little I know about art.


While New York still wouldn't be number 1 on my list of places to live, I think Central Park would make for one heck of a playground. 

-K