Seattle.





About a month ago, Kevin had to attend a work conference in Vancouver. He had found some inexpensive flights so we decided to go early and explore Seattle. Neither of us had been before, so we booked a convenient AirBNB and went in with zero expectations.

I would describe Seattle as eclectic. Either I'm getting old or Seattle is too cool for me. There were some characters we bumped into that I considered very odd...

My favorite things were the Pike Place Market and the Olympic Park Sculpture Garden (which turned into a discussion of "what is considered art?").





Another site I really enjoyed was the Chihuly Glass and Garden exhibit. I, personally, really enjoy examining and evaluating what different people consider art and what inspires them. This exhibit and the personalized tour was completely captivating. I mean, these pictures are freaking glass! The colors! The shapes! Yeah, I was all about it.








We stopped and ate at whatever restaurant caught our fancy, including one special place called The Whiskey Bar, with over 400 types of whiskey. We represented Kentucky well.

We were also able to meet up with Kevin's long-time friend, Kristen . I knew she had been in Kevin's life for some time, but I hadn't had the chance to really get to know her; this was a wonderful opportunity! We took the beautiful sunrise ferry ride from Seattle to meet her across the Sound (larger than a bay, deeper than a bight, and wider that a fjord, we learned).






Kristen planned for us a day of exploring the different terrains that Seattle had to offer. We explored Olympic National Park and drove up to the northwestern-most point of the contiguous United States, Cape Flattery on the Indian Reservation. This is also where some of the Twilight series was filmed.





-A+K