Time to Celebrate in KY.

It's always nice when we can schedule a weekend to spend time with family and friends and enjoy being outdoors. This past weekend had beautiful weather and a reason to celebrate. We started our weekend of lovely weather working outside in my yard in Lexington. With Kevin's stealth like abilities with a weed eater and lawn mower and my quick hands for weed pulling, my yard is in mint condition. I enjoy the occasional yard-working day to relax and release frustrations. I'm a firm believer that those who work closer to the earth are happier people.

Later that night, it was the time for Kevin and me to attend my roommate's family's trivia night. We walked in to be greeted with drinks and food. We immediately felt at ease. Let me preface, this trivia night was no ordinary trivia night. It involved multiple rounds of stretching our random knowledge, using our taste buds to decipher mixed drinks, wines and beer, recalling our college days to determine which cold pizza was from where, which burger came from which fast food joint, then to guessing one-hit wonders just to scratch the surface. It was all on the line when we had to answer our Final Jeopardy question. Our trivia madness ended at midnight with our team walking away victorious.



After a restful night's sleep, it was time to put on our party hats for a joint birthday bash for my younger cousin Brianna and my older cousin Andrew at our family cabin in Irvine. Our activities spanned from picking fresh strawberries from the victory garden to playing many-a-rounds of corn hole to prove who was in "tough mudder" shape. Our outdoor activities lead to our feast inside our cabin. The celebratory lunch consisted of fresh fish from our lake, hush puppies, an assortment of fresh vegetable sides with a grand finale of STRAWBERRY PIE! Not one but TWO perfect pies!


We also had Blueberry Pie and Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cake but since I'm writing this, I was hyped over my favorite berry put into the most perfect concoction of flaky crust and whipped cream. This dessert is the creme de la creme, the grand poobah of the dessert realm. It's perfect. And I savored every delicious bite. 

Oh yeah, and they blew out some candles.


- A