101 Things



If you know me, I'm quite the compulsive list maker. Between writing/losing my paper lists and the notes section in my iPhone, I have a list for everything. IKEA shopping list, potential Christmas gifts, movies to see, etc... Hence, when dear friend Hannah mentioned a blog with that featured 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days - interest peaked instantly. List + short term life goals + keeping track of fun-ness = what I'm all about! Kevin is reluctant to such things because he claims all lists are "in his head". Wellll... I'm all about keeping track of EVERYTHING! Partially because I have my mother's memory, which is nonexistent. So, the list:

Start date: Thursday, August 28, 2013
End date: Thursday, May 25, 2016


Afsi's 101 Things in 1001 Days that she really wants to do with Kevin

  1. Ride an Elephant. Duh.
  2. Kayak by a waterfall. Any waterfall.
  3. Throw a themed dinner party.
  4. Inspire someone to write a list of their own. I stole this # because Design Darling inspired me!
  5. Drink 8 glasses of water everyday for 1 week.
  6. Invest in a classic handbag.
  7. Attempt a juice cleanse for 3 days.
  8. Read all Maria Semple’s books.
  9. Ride on a sailboat.
  10. Learn common phrases in Farsi. I only know food - which is very important.
  11. See a comedy show at Second City.
  12. Purchase a road bike.
  13. Throw a surprise party for a friend.
  14. Attend a midnight showing of a film.
  15. Cut my hair 5”.
  16. Reupholster a chair.
  17. Attend a trapeze school.
  18. Take a cooking lesson.
  19. Watch Star Wars.
  20. Participate in a triathlon.
  21. Go rock climbing - outdoors.
  22. Send a handwritten card to 5 friends for no reason.
  23. Get a facial.
  24. Try a new food.
  25. Wake up and watch the sunrise.
  26. Visit a new state.
  27. Complete another half-marathon but for a non-profit cause.
  28. Get in cahoots with my father’s family in Iran and burn a CD of his favorite music.
  29. Donate blood.
  30. Swim twice a week for three weeks.
  31. Attend a class that is out of my element.
  32. Renovate my back room of my house.
  33. Don’t eat at a restaurant for a whole week.
  34. Complete an event in my Stronger than Cancer shirt. Kevin has done this, I need to!
  35. Become more involved in church.
  36. DIY update my kitchen cabinets.
  37. Adopt a family at Christmas.
  38. Go water skiing.
  39. Take a Pure Barre class.
  40. Watch AFI’s 100 movies.
  41. Read a book that intimidates me.
  42. Break my half marathon PR.
  43. Do 10 consecutive pull ups.
  44. Attend a fashion show.
  45. Take Kevin to NYC to see a Broadway play.
  46. Find my signature cocktail. I only ever order Cranberry + Vodka.
  47. Write myself a letter and read it in 3 years.
  48. Go back to Switzerland.
  49. Run a full marathon.
  50. Bake a birthday cake for a friend.
  51. Organize my family cookbook.
  52. Pay for someone’s meal anonymously.
  53. Go vegetarian for one week.
  54. Go three months without buying something from Sephora.
  55. Go on a picnic.
  56. Visit 5 local breweries in Lexington,KY.
  57. Go to Vegas.
  58. Change my oil on my car - by myself.
  59. Complete a Tough Mudder.
  60. Get my concealed carry license.
  61. Go to the Canadian wilderness with Hatchet in hand.
  62. Bake my own bread.
  63. Document each task!
  64. Sew a dress.
  65. Send a care package to someone in the military.
  66. Visit my buddy in Green Bay.
  67. Give up something for Lent and stick with it.
  68. Watch West Wing.
  69. Get Kevin to watch The Godfather.
  70. Volunteer overnight at a shelter.
  71. Go canyoning.
  72. Bungee jump.
  73. Clean out our closets (and sell/donate what we can).
  74. Milk a cow.
  75. Sing at church.
  76. Host a couchsurfer.
  77. Couchsurf in the US.
  78. Spend a weekend completely without electricity.
  79. Spend a day in silence.
  80. Call up an old friend and reconnect.
  81. Invent something.
  82. Create a business plan.
  83. Visit Michigan and Kevin's Grandmother
  84. Complete an Ironman.
  85. Go hunting.
  86. Backpack in the blue ridge mountains.
  87. Do a restaurant tour of a city.
  88. Study another religion.
  89. Save $1000/year for an emergency fund
  90. Audit a course for a semester. Do the homework.
  91. Sleep 8 hours every night for a week.
  92. Work a Habitat for Humanity house project from beginning to end
  93. Learn to brew.
  94. Take a siblings trip, both families.
  95. Take a flight, using companion pass, to the cheapest city at the last minute, without plans.
  96. Swap a favorite book.
  97. Start flight lessons.
  98. Grill a pizza.
  99. Scuba.
  100. Parasail.
  101. Hike a 14-er.
image

What what!!! Well, what do you guys think? If you want to do any of our list items with us - let us know!